⏰ The new Wake N Shake discussion thread

We’re brainstorming a complete overhaul of our beloved app Wake N Shake. Despite not having updated in years, thousands of you still use it every day to start your day. We think it’s ripe for a refresh.

Wake N Shake is the merciless alarm clock. It’s for people who want to squeeze the most out of their day. For high-performers, dreamers and pioneers. People that make a difference—the movers and shakers of the world.

:hammer_and_wrench: Be a part of this next chapter for Wake N Shake

Comment below on what you’d like to see in the new Wake N Shake. Tell us what it means for you to wake up energized, eager to get the day started.

What features would you like to see?
What helps you wake up in the morning?
How can we improve over the original?

:scream: Everyone that’s part of this discussion will get it for free

That’s right! Everyone that comments below with feedback and ideas to help us build Wake N Shake 2 get it for free when it comes out.

Very excited to see what we build together.

It would be cool to start a Wakeout after the alarm goes off!

YES!!! I’ve been waiting for this for a while. TBH, I stopped using it after I got the iPhone X and noticed it wasn’t yet fully supported. I figures a new update was coming. But I can’t tell you how excited I am to read this news.

• I’d like to see life stats of people waking up after I’ve woken up. Like, I wake up at 6am, and I’d like to see the number of people who woke up before me. That’s motivating.
  • I’d like to have stats on the time I wake up. I set the alarm at different times through the week. I’d like to see a graph through time.
  • Different types of shakes, like side to side, up and down, in a circle. Don’t know if this can be done.

Very happy for this guys! I’ll think of more ideas and come back to share them.

Love the community idea. Waking up super early feels pretty lonely sometimes, everyone else is still asleep. I’d love to know that there are other people around me already awake. :pray:

I’ve been using wns for 3 years now. No joke, I have over 1 million shake points:

Very excited that you guys will be releasing a new Wake.

There’s this app, 22 pushups, that can verify that you’re doing pushups. You put the phone on the floor face up and uses the camera to know that you’re doing pushups. How about something like this with wns?

I dont use the sleep timer at all. I also rarely change any settings. I went through all the shake intensities to get the achievements, but other than that I generally leave it on punch to the face.

I wish I had more statistics on how much I’ve used wns. It’s been a long journey, but I’m probably a freak here, so this might not be needed by other people.

Also, more achievements!!!

:flushed::anguished:
That’s… that’s insanely awesome!! Thank you for being such an enthusiastic and awesome customer!!!

I’ll share with you some of the thinking right now behind the new wns:

• Sleet timer is useless
  • There are way too many shake levels
  • Achievements could be more exciting, awards much cooler
  • More stats would be awesome
  • WnS should not just get you out of bed, but also motivate you to get your day underway.
  • There’s power in communities, waking up early can benefit from the pull of the crowd
  • What alternatives are there for the shake action? I love your push ups idea, I’ll look into it.

This is where were at. We’ve actually mocked up a few ideas. When it’s more polished, I’ll be posting them here.

What do you think?

Do I get a special prize? :blush:

How about a shaker/timer feature?

You set a timer (pomodoro style maybe) to complete a goal and every time you make it, you get to symbolically choke someone when it goes off. How bout that?

Okay, that sounded extreme, but I think it’d be a nice way to keep focused.

Just came for the free stuff.

From what I understand, Wake N Shake is an alarm that forces you to shake your phone in order to turn it off.

I’m thinking you should have the ugliest alarm sounds.

I can think of these:

:joy::rofl::joy:

I’ve not used WnS but I’m downloading it tonight to try. Can the two apps be linked, maybe? 'Complete" your WnS which opens Wakeout to start your active day?

Would love quick breathing exercise and grattitude

Ok, I really hope I’m not the only one that hasn’t even heard of this! I’m having visions of the old Jetson’s and/or Bugs Bunny cartoons with the automatic get out of bed gadgets. :sleeping_bed: :alarm_clock: